Hardcore Combat Edition
Strike, block, parry, and dodge in the latest Bladius build! Draw a hand of equipment cards and duel opponents of increasing skill in first-person melee combat. But beware, the potions have no effect! Changes since my last update include:
- Movement controls with sprinting and dodging
- Footstep, movement, and dodge sounds
- Health and stamina resources to manage
- Enemy generation and AI which increases in difficulty
- Collision detection between weapons, shields, and bodies
- Damage application with win/loss conditions
- Procedural collision sounds generated by fractals
There are a few remaining features and polish to address before the month comes to a close. Potions will become consumable with added health regeneration and audio effects. A targeting system will be added to track and switch between opponents with directional audio cues. And a variety of wishlist items await.
I’m excited to share the jam submission in my next update. Enjoy!