Today I ended a four-day sprint which left the project in a more playable and enjoyable state. In this build pilots can now use their scanner to sonify their surroundings in their search for materials.
- designing cues for four types of materials
- improving aspects of terrain generation and biomes
- improving collision detection with terrain
- implementing a terrain scanning system
- sonifying scanned terrain data
- finalizing gamepad controls
- various tweaks and fixes
I don’t anticipate to make major progress as I step away again for the next few days. Starting Thursday I will finish the jam with another full-time sprint. This will include an exosuit upgrade system, dynamic aerial soundtrack, and plenty of polish.