Today I churned and made progress on some outstanding issues with the movement system that dissatisfied me. While not perfect, it’s in a place where I can proceed with tasks it blocked.
- reverting changes related to head bob (not a good direction)
- fixing issues with slope calculations
- revising how slopes affect player position and thrust
- revisiting the vector math related to bouncing off the terrain
- improving how the player is glued to the terrain
Tomorrow I’m back to full-time development through Sunday. I’m looking forward to stitching together my biomes into a unified world generator and returning to vehicle sound design.