Today I worked through a variety of wishlist items for Melody Heights. Progress included:
- Tweaking the footstep trail sounds.
- Adding the ability to jump.
- Catching fairies when they’re close.
- Making fairies easier to catch.
- Spawning particles when fairies are caught.
- Synthesizing sounds for jumping and catching fairies.
- Adding haptics and grain effects to interactions.
- Fixing a few bugs in Secret Bread.
For the remainder of the jam, I’ll be finding ways to apply a similar level of polish to Harmony Falls. This may include different level generation strategies to keep the game interesting.