Today I completed mostly dark work as I prepared for the next sprint. This included:
- Finalizing the game design document for the first demo.
- Defining the basic demo lifecycle.
- Allowing demos to be conditionally enabled.
- Adding debug code that skips the boot sequence into the first demo.
- Defining a finite state machine and triggers for the Easter Egg.
The next builds will introduce and iterate on the first demo: Harmony Falls. It’s an endless arcade shooter where players blast their way through a collapsing cylindrical world. My goal is to add four demos, one per week, before the jam concludes next month.