I’m excited to announce that E.X.O. has been rebuilt from the ground-up and released as Side B of Periphery Synthetic EP. Here are the key changes:
- Remastered graphics. The new engine supports draw distances up to three times as far. Its graphics include particles of falling snow and other revisions and enhancements.
- Revitalized music and sound effects. The sound design is inspired by—but not a carbon copy of—the original game. The ambient music is more subtle and reactive to input.
- Bigger terrain. The terrain generator has been vastly expanded to produce over five kilometers of elevation differences. Its huge mountains offer uniquely-vertical platforming challenges.
- Vertical look and revised controls. The bipedal mode receives more utility and precision with charged jumps. The inclusion of vertical look controls offers a more immersive experience.
- A story with other worlds to explore. Enter portals to more colorful lands, like a desert planet or a water world. Each have collectible artifacts which loosely thread its narrative.
Thanks for being a part of this journey. Enjoy!