Today I finished implementing the unlockable movement abilities. Pilots can now unlock strafing and turning mid-flight with the correct materials. A fully upgraded exosuit can circumvent any obstacle.
- drawing the gas giant tidally locked in the sky
- ducking material sounds when inventory is full
- fixing how upgrades are applied to the movement model
- implementing jet vectoring and its sound cues
- implementing RCS thrusters and their cues
- improving hoodoos, plateau, and waves biomes
- improving how thrust is scaled on slopes
- throttling jumping while ascending slopes
- filtering the scanner to limit painful frequencies
- implementing the gyroscopes upgrade
- balancing upgrade costs to be more evenly distributed
- outlining the music fader as a function of altitude
- collecting screenshots for this page
- various tweaks and fixes
Tomorrow I plan to work exclusively on the dynamic soundtrack, which will have its own spatial and temporal geometries to explore.