Today I implemented a dynamic soundtrack that evolves over time and altitude. From the ground, it provides a consonant backdrop while searching for materials. Harmonic components fade in and evolve as pilots with fully upgraded exosuits lift off and explore the tenuous atmosphere.
- implementing the dynamic soundtrack
- improving collision detection on slopes
- routing material sounds to a controllable bus
- ducking material sounds on notification sounds
- improving the overall mix
- revising material sounds to complement the music
- improving material spawning
- adding an update system (but still breaking saves, my bad)
- tracking available upgrades as materials are collected
- notifying pilots of available upgrades
- adding statistics for materials spent and crafted upgrades
- various tweaks and fixes
Overall I’m quite pleased with this project and I’m looking forward to sharing tomorrow’s build with the community. To get there, I will be focusing on outstanding documentation tasks and any loose ends that arise from playtests.