Today I lost a lot of productivity to getting stuck on calculating reflection vectors. That’s still unresolved, but I need to move on. This build is still silent, but includes terrain generated by a sine function to experiment with all of the movement abilities.
- defining controls for vertical movement
- implementing jumping in bipedal form
- applying low gravity so jumps return to the surface
- detecting collisions with the surface
- calculating the surface slope
- reflecting collisions for a few bounces before landing
- allowing pilots to hop repeatedly by holding jump
- engaging jump jets on double jump
- allowing jump jets from ground while in wheeled form
- cutting off jump jets after a maximum duration
- various optimizations
Tomorrow I want to begin work on supporting sound and haptic feedback. This includes making the movement system observable with events, and adding a stress system which simulates pilots’ heart and respiratory rates.