Today I began implementing sounds and systems related to the player character. This build is the first to have audio.
- making the movement system observable with events
- implementing a stress system which simulates heart rate
- creating a basic audio mixer
- adding breathing and heart sounds that respond to stress
- keeping track of the time
- implementing a wind system that responds to movement
- adding sounds to the jump jets
- playing a sound when jumping in bipedal form
- various tweaks and fixes
Tomorrow I will be returning to my day job for the next few days. This will leave me little time to make progress on major features. I hope to explore footsteps, vehicle, and collision sounds when I can. Expect a few smaller builds until Thursday.