The first update of the new year addresses some lingering issues from the v1.1.0 release. Specifically, movement feels much more precise, breaking changes are resolved, and audio performance has improved slightly. As a bonus, the Destinations screen now lists the direction toward each entry.
My next development sprint will focus on implementing the new movement abilities for Side B, as well as the portals which connect both worlds. This will mostly be dark work with little to report on until the full Side B release. However, I will continue to release small updates like this when there are enhancements to share.
- Core Gameplay
- Improved movement feel and edge cases.
- Tied max jump charge duration to Pneumatics upgrade level.
- Core Interface
- Added compass directions to Destinations screen.
- Core Audio
- Added detune to echolocation cues to indicate vertical look.
- Revised interface note selection.
- Slight mixing adjustments.
- Side A
- Improved performance of sand particle sounds.
- Removed blue notes from material note selection.
- Fixed fast travel teleporting above surface.
- Fixed a fatal error when no display is available.