Today I wrapped up Melody Heights. It was a joy how quickly the sound design and music came together! My progress included:
- Polishing the moon and wind sounds.
- Synthesizing reactive sounds for the fairies.
- Playing random melodies along the breadcrumb trail.
- Highlighting breadcrumbs when they make sound.
- Focusing the last clicked demo when returning to the menu.
- Squashing a few bugs with the user interface.
This upcoming week I hope to plan the third demo for another weekend sprint. I’m not sure whether it’s my last one, or if I’ll be able to squeeze in another before the jam ends. Therefore, I’m thinking this one should be something expressive like an instrument.
Happy new year!