This weekend I prototyped the third demo: Secret Bread. It’s basically a procedurally-generated instrument that changes each time you play it. Progress included:
- Writing the design document for the new demo.
- Mapping the inputs for various devices.
- Modeling the object with various noise fields.
- Drawing an evolving oscilloscope to the screen.
- Synthesizing the object when touched.
For the final week of the jam, I’d like to refine the sound of the synthesizer and its uncontrollable parameters. I’d also like to find opportunities to add extra polish, such as haptics and other effects. If time permits, then I may explore adding a fourth demo as well.