Today I started work on the second demo: Melody Heights. It’s a minimalist walking simulator set on a dark mountainside where each step illuminates the world with sound. Today’s progress included:
- Wrapping up its game design document.
- Implementing input and movement systems.
- Placing footsteps in a tree to draw later.
- Generating a gentle incline with small terrain features.
- Painting everything to the screen.
Over the next few days I’ll be adding sound to the demo. Along with some subtle atmospheric sounds, the footsteps players leave behind will drive an ambient music system.